10 Things You Can't Miss in Florence & TuscanyMusic Festivals, folklore events, Vespa rides, spas, Dolce Vita, gelato, museums, wineries, beaches and mountains. 10 things that you - definitely! - can't miss in Florence and in Tuscany.
by Marco De La Pierre
10 Things you can't miss during your study experience in Florence:
- "Climb" to the top of the Duomo on a sunny day. The view is unforgettable.
- Eat a gelato (ice cream) in Piazza Santa Croce on a Spring or Summer day. The best gelaterie of the district (and perhaps of the city) are Vivoli (Via Isola delle Stinche, 7) and Vestri (Borgo degli Albizi,11). Don’t miss this experience!
- Ride a Vespa (or scooter) to Piazzale Michelangelo or Fiesole on a warm, Spring day. You’ll really experience the freedom and joy of the Dolce Vita.
- Visit the Galleria dell’Accademia (Via Ricasoli, 58), where the original David of Michelangelo stands. Seeing the process from marble to masterpiece in the "i prigioni" (the prisoners) exhibit is also a great experience.
- Drink a glass of Tuscan wine on an Autumn/Winter day at one of the typical Florentine wineries. We suggest spending some time at Enoteca Boccadama (Piazza Santa Croce), Antica Mescita (Via San Niccolò, 60), Enoteca Fuoriporta (Via Monte alle Croci) or at La Sosta del Rossellino (Settignano).
- Go to music festivals in the Spring and Summertime: Pistoia Blues, Arezzo Wave, UmbriaJazz, Maggio Musicale (Florence), Mercantia (Certaldo), ....The coolest side of Florence and Tuscany that you can’t miss!
- See the San Giovanni fireworks on the 24th of June (Florence's Patron Saint Festival) from a terrace or a bridge on the river Arno.
- Relax at one of Tuscany's beautiful spas: Saturnia, Venturina, Calidario, Bagno Vignoni, Montecatini, Rapolano Terme, etc., etc…
- Take a ski day at Abetone, a weekend on the beach at Maremma's wonderful Parco dell’Uccellina (Southern Tuscany), wine tasting in Chianti, a medieval tour of Tuscany...
- Attend a soccer match at Le Cascine Park or a Fiorentina Serie A game at Stadio Franchi.