Turin, which once was one of the major European political centres (capital of the Duchy of Savoy and then the first capital of unified Italy), is now a beautiful metropolis with a view to the future. So it's not easy to keep pace with a city in constant motion, fortunately, StudentsVille Staff has selected all the best Turin events: art exhibitions, festivals, and concerts.
Discover Turin with our guides:
The complete guide about Turin
Living in Turin
Studying in Turin
What’s happening in Turin
To be always informed about what's going on in Turin, follow our suggestions: we have chosen the most important Turin events in 2022 and much more. So enjoy the list of events and you won't miss any of the Turin events next 14 days.
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Turin State museums open free on the first Sunday of the month
- The city has a rich sporting heritage: it is home to Juventus Football Club and was awarded with the title of European Capital of Sport 2015. And soon there will be a great Turin sport event: the ATP Finals tennis event from 2021 to 2025.
Art exhibitions, Photography
- "Rembrandt incontra Rembrandt. Dialoghi in Galleria" exhibition, Galleria Sabauda, 14 December 2022 - 16 April 2023
The exhibition "Rembrandt meets Rembrandt. Dialoghi in Galleria" celebrates the genius of the greatest Dutch master of the 17th century with a selection of twenty-two works, including paintings, drawings and etchings set up in the Spazio Scoperte of the Galleria Sabauda from 14 December 2022 to 16 April 2023.
Read more about the "Rembrandt incontra Rembrandt. Dialoghi in Galleria" exhibition
Cinema Festivals, Exhibitions
- DARIO ARGENTO - The Exhibit, Museo Nazionale del Cinema, April 6th 2022 - 15 May 2023
The Museo Nazionale del Cinema hosts an exhibition dedicated to Dario Argento, one of the Masters of the Giallo (worldwide known as "Spaghetti thriller" and "Thrilling"). Do you remember Italian Giallo? "The Girl who knew too much", "Blood and Black Lace" (Mario Bava), "Your Vice Is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key", "All the Colours of Dark" (Sergio Martino), "Perfume of the Lady in Black" (Francesco Barilli) and many others cult films. The exhibition "DARIO ARGENTO - The Exhibit", is a chronological journey through the oeuvre of the Italian director, from "The Bird with the Crystal Plumage" (1970) to his last work "Dark Glasses" (2022). It should be noted that Turin is the setting of many iconic scenes from Argento's films ("Deep Red", "The Cat o' Nine Tails", "Four Flies on Grey Velvet", "Sleepless"...).
Visit Museo Nazionale del Cinema's Official Website
Music Festivals, Concerts in Turin
- Tommy Emmanuel, Teatro Alfieri, 20 March 2023
Regarded as one of the world's best guitarists, Tommy Emmanuel is known for his incredible fingerpicking technique and will play in Turin on 20 March.
Buy the tickets for Tommy Emmanuel's concert.
- Festa della Consolata, June 20th
The anniversary is celebrated on June 20 of each year. This date was chosen in memory of the miracle of the blind man of Briançon. The procession through the streets of the city is remarkable on the day of the feast.
- San Giovanni Feast, 23-24 June
Patronal feast with a historical parade with period costumes through the streets of the city centre.