Genoa, known for being the birthplace of Christopher Columbus and Niccolò Paganini, is a beautiful city by the sea with the ancient port (“porto antico” in Italian) and the largest aquarium in Italy (and one of the biggest ones in Europe).
To enjoy sea and art of Zena (as it is called Genoa in Ligurian), it is essential to be informed about all genoa events.
You need a good list of upcoming events near Genoa Italy: StudentsVille Staff has selected a calendar of the best art exhibitions, concerts, festivals in town.
Discover Genoa with our guides:
What’s happening in Genoa
This page will keep you updated about december events near Genoa Italy and much more: everyday you can read and discover all the info events in Genoa
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Genoa State museums open free on first Sunday of month
- The symbol of the city is the lighthouse, “La Lanterna”: port traffic lights and totem of genovesity. You can buy the tickets here to visit it.
- Banksy Exhibition, Palazzo Ducale, November 23rd 2019 – March 29th 2020
The exhibition brings together over 100 original pieces by the British artist. There are the very early freehand paintings, the result of Blek le Rat’s discovery and use of stencils. There are the silkscreens that Banksy considers a serial craft to spread his messages. There are installation objects and several numbered pieces, both handcrafted and industrial, many certificates and others attributed, which tell us about an artist without linguistic and experimental boundaries. Info: here.
- Raimondo Sirotti Retrospective, Palazzo Ducale, March 21th – June 7th 2020
Retrospective dedicated to Raimondo Sirotti (1934-2017), Italian painter, teacher and later president of the Ligustica Academy of Fine Arts in Genoa, as well as one of the protagonists of contemporary Italian painting.
- “Alfred Hitchcock in Universal Pictures films”, Palazzo Ducale, November 14th 2019 – March 8th 2020″
Photographs taken on cinema set and special content from the Universal Pictures archives take the audience backstage through Alfred Hitchcock’s main films, letting them discover curious details about the making of the most famous scenes, the use of the first special effects, the actors and the private life of the English director. You can read more about it: here.
- Van der Graaf Generator, Teatro Politeama Genovese, April 5th 2020
Seven years after the last tour that also involved our country, back for an important anniversary Van Der Graaf: the English progressive rock band will be in fact in Italy to celebrate over fifty years of career with four dates in theaters. The Italian tour begins in Genoa, at Teatro Politeama Genovese.
- Palio marinaro di San Pietro, June 2020
First Sunday in July: Palio marinaro di San Pietro, a palio that has been held in the waters of the gulf since 1955 and involves wooden fishing boats.
- San Giovanni Battista, June 24th 2020
Patronal feast dedicated to St. John the Baptist.