Genoa, known for being the birthplace of Christopher Columbus and Niccolò Paganini, is a beautiful city by the sea with the ancient port ("Porto Antico" in Italian) and the largest aquarium in Italy (and one of the biggest ones in Europe).
To enjoy the sea and art of Zena (as it is called Genoa in Ligurian), it is essential to be informed about all genoa events.
You need a good list of upcoming events near Genoa Italy: StudentsVille Staff has selected a calendar of the best art exhibitions, concerts, and festivals in town.
Discover Genoa with our guides:
What's happening in and around Genoa
This page will keep you updated about December events near Genoa Italy and much more: every day you can read and discover all the info events in Genoa
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Genoa State museums open free on the first Sunday of the month
- The symbol of the city is the lighthouse, "La Lanterna": port traffic lights and totem of genovesity. You can buy the tickets here to visit it.
Best Art, Photography Exhibitions in Genoa
- "Man Ray. Opere 1912-1975", Palazzo Ducale, 11 March - 9 July 2023
The exhibition "Man Ray. Opere 1912-1975" pays tribute to the work of the great master Emmanuel Radnitzky, aka Man Ray, who was born in Philadelphia in 1890 and died in Paris in 1976. He went down in history as one of the greatest photographers of the last century, an extraordinary painter, sculptor and avant-garde filmmaker.
Buy the tickets for the exhibition "Man Ray. Opere 1912-1975".
Concerts, Music Festivals in Genoa
- Goa Boa Festival, Various Locations, July 2023
The Goa Boa Festival has been the most-known music fest in Liguria since 1998. The 2023 edition will feature a name that has made the history of electronic music: Kraftwerk. An event not to be missed. The German group will play on 8 July at Genoa's Porto Antico.
Read more about it, here: Goa Boa Festival's Official Website
- Palio marinaro di San Pietro, June
First Sunday in July: Palio Marinaro di San Pietro, a palio that has been held in the waters of the gulf since 1955 and involves wooden fishing boats.
- San Giovanni Battista, June 24th
The patronal feast dedicated to St. John the Baptist.