Fill your agendas and itineraries with all the best Firenze events!
Chronologically listed are all of the events in Florence, organized and specially selected by the StudentsVille staff. We've sifted through the thousands of Florence events happening in our lovely city to bring you the richest, and most entertaining, in cultural enjoyment events in Florence, Italy. You will find all the answers to the question, "What should I do in Florence today?"
Everything you need to know: what’s happening in Florence
Here you will find a list of all the most interesting cinema in Florence - outdoor and indoor, Florence concerts held in the centre of the city, theatre in Florence, Florence music events and other exhibits and fairs happening throughout the year.
- On the first Sunday of every month, there is free entrance to state museums. You can anticipate a longer line, but hey, it was free right? For a full list of the museums participating, click here.
- For the latest in movies (in original sound with subtitles) check out Odeon Firenze for their schedules and upcoming events.
- For all shows at Teatro Verdi in the centre, including ballets, plays, musicals and entertainment, visit the Teatro Verdi Website to see what shows will be playing when you're in town.
- For concerts and events throughout the year at the main venue in Florence, visit Mandela Forum.
Best Art, Photography Exhibitions in Florence
- "Olafur Eliasson: Nel tuo tempo", Palazzo Strozzi, 22 September 2022 - 22 January 2023
"Olafur Eliasson - Nel Tuo Tempo" is the largest exhibition ever held in Italy dedicated to Olafur Eliasson, one of the most original and visionary contemporary artists of our time. Read more about "Olafur Eliasson - Nel Tuo Tempo" on the StudentsVille blog.
- "Passione Novecento: Da Paul Klee a Damien Hirst", Palazzo Medici Riccardi, 24 September 2022 - 8 January 2023
The exhibition 'Passion Novecento: Da Paul Klee a Damien Hirst', inside Palazzo Medici Riccardi, hosts a prestigious selection of works by 20th-century masters from private Florentine and Tuscan collections. Visit the Palazzo Medici Riccardi's Official Website and read more about "Passione Novecento: Da Paul Klee a Damien Hirst" Exhibition.
Music Festivals, Concerts
- The Cure, Mandela Forum, 1 November 2022
Exactly six years after their last European and Italian arena tour, The Cure will take the stage at the Mandela Forum.
Opening the concert will be The Twilight Sad.
Visit the Mandela Forum's Official Website and read about The Cure's Concert.
- Ben Lamar Gay Ensemble, Sala Vanni, 11 November 2022
Chicago-born cornetist Ben LaMar Gay is one of the best jazz musicians around: his sound spans avant-garde jazz, hip-hop and indie rock while also drawing inspiration from the Brazilian tradition and electronic experimentation. He will play with his ensemble in Sala Vanni, a concert not to be missed.
Buy tickets for Ben Lamar Gay Ensemble's concert at Sala Vanni
- Easter Day
" Lo Scoppio del Carro" - "Explosion of the Cart" Piazza del Duomo 10AM
An Easter tradition dating back centuries. We suggest getting to the piazza as early as possible because you will find a huge crowd of both Florentines and tourists.
- Liberation Day - April 25th
Celebrating the day that the Nazi occupation came to an end in Italy towards the end of WWII. Enjoy an annual ceremony and concert in Piazza Signoria among other events dedicated to those who fought all around Florence and Italy in general.
- Festa di San Giovanni - June 24th
Celebrating Saint John, the patron saint of Florence, you can expect to see crowds and a lot of events happening all around the city including Calcio Storico (the final game) during the day and the famous fireworks taking off from Piazzale Michelangelo at night. For more information about this holiday and what you can expect, visit: Festa di San Giovanni.