Fill your agendas and itineraries with all the best Firenze events!
Chronologically listed are all of the events in Florence, organized and specially selected by the StudentsVille staff. We've sifted through the thousands of Florence events happening in our lovely city to bring you the richest, and most entertaining, in cultural enjoyment events in Florence, Italy. You will find all the answers to the question, "What should I do in Florence today?"
Everything you need to know: what’s happening in Florence
Here you will find a list of all the most interesting cinema in Florence - outdoor and indoor, Florence concerts held in the centre of the city, theatre in Florence, Florence music events and other exhibits and fairs happening throughout the year.
- On the first Sunday of every month, there is free entrance to state museums. You can anticipate a longer line, but hey, it was free right? For a full list of the museums participating, click here.
- For the latest in movies (in original sound with subtitles) check out Odeon Firenze for their schedules and upcoming events.
- For all shows at Teatro Verdi in the centre, including ballets, plays, musicals and entertainment, visit the Teatro Verdi Website to see what shows will be playing when you're in town.
- For concerts and events throughout the year at the main venue in Florence, visit Mandela Forum.
Best Art, Photography Exhibitions in Florence
- American Art 1961-2001, Palazzo Strozzi, May 28th - August 29th 2021
"American Art 1961-2001" exhibition in Palazzo Strozzi celebrates modern American Art through 80 artistic works made by Andy Warhol, Mark Rothko, Louise Nevelson, Roy Lichtenstein, Claes Oldenburg, Bruce Nauman, Barbara Kruger, Robert Mapplethorpe, Cindy Sherman, Matthew Barney, Kara Walker.
- "Henry Moore. Il disegno dello scultore", Museo Novecento, January 18th - August 22nd 2021
The exhibition, dedicated to Moore's graphic production, is of great interest to deepen his exploratory investigation: from etchings to drawings, Moore's works show to the public eye the mastery and sensitivity of a sculptor capable of rendering three-dimensionality but also, and above all, the depth of the material.
Read more about "Henry Moore. Il disegno dello scultore" exhibition.
Music Festivals, Concerts
- Firenze Rocks, Visarno, June 16th 2022
Firenze Rocks will return in summer 2022. Confirmed in next year's line-up: Green Day and Weezer on Thursday 16th June, Muse on Friday 17th June.
Visarno Arena's official website: here.
- Paul Weller, Tuscany Hall, September 12th 2022
The "Modfather" Paul Weller is back in Italy. On September 12th he will be live at Tuscany Hall.
FB event: here.
- Easter Day
" Lo Scoppio del Carro" - "Explosion of the Cart" Piazza del Duomo 10AM
An Easter tradition dating back centuries. We suggest getting to the piazza as early as possible because you will find a huge crowd of both Florentines and tourists. For a detailed explanation of this tradition, visit - Explosion of the Cart.
- Liberation Day - April 25th
Celebrating the day that Nazi occupation came to an end in Italy towards the end of the WWII. Enjoy an annual ceremony and concert in Piazza Signoria among other events dedicated to those who fought all around Florence and Italy in general.
- Festa di San Giovanni - June 24th 2021
Celebrating Saint John, the patron saint of Florence, you can expect to see crowds and a lot of events happening all around the city including Calcio Storico (the final game) during the day and the famous fireworks taking off from Piazzale Michelangelo at night. For more information about this holiday and what you can expect, visit: Festa di San Giovanni.