Fill your agendas and itineraries with all the best Firenze events!
Chronologically listed are all of the events in Florence, organized and specially selected by the StudentsVille staff. We've sifted through the thousands of Florence events happening in our lovely city to bring you the richest, and most entertaining, in cultural enjoyment events in Florence, Italy. You will find all the answers to the question, "What should I do in Florence today?"
Everything you need to know: what’s happening in Florence
Here you will find a list of all the most interesting cinema in Florence - outdoor and indoor, Florence concerts held in the center of the city, theatre in Florence, Florence music events and other exhibits and fairs happening throughout the year.
- The first Sunday of every month there is free entrance to state museums. You can anticipate a longer line, but hey, it was free right? For a full list of the museums participating, click here.
- For the latest in movies (in original sound with subtitles) check out Odeon Firenze for their schedules and upcoming events.
- For all shows at Teatro Verdi in the center, including ballets, plays, musicals and entertainment, visit the Teatro Verdi Website to see what shows will be playing when you're in town.
- For concerts and events throughout the year at the main venue in Florence, visit: Mandela Forum.
Best Art, Photography Exhibitions in Florence
- Tomás Saraceno, Palazzo Strozzi, February 22nd - July 19th 2020
Palazzo Strozzi will hosts the Tomás Saraceno exhibition entirely designed for the museum from February 22nd 2020 to July 19th 2020. More Info: here.
- Come as you are - Kurt Cobain and the grunge revolution, Palazzo Medici Riccardi, July 2nd - October 18th 2020
From July 2 to October 18, 2020, in Florence, Palazzo Medici Riccardi hosts the photographic exhibition "Peterson - Lavine. Come as you are: Kurt Cobain and the Grunge Revolution". Curated by ONO arte contemporanea, the exhibition is organized and promoted by OEO Firenze Art and Le Nozze di Figaro, in collaboration with the Metropolitan City of Florence, the Municipality of Florence and Mus.e.
You can read more about it: here.
Music Festivals, Concerts
Musart Festival, Piazza Santissima Annunziata, July 2020 (cancelled)
Musart Festival combines great concerts, art and culture.
Paul Weller, the "modfather", already announced on 27th July 2020. (FB event: here)
- Festa dell'Unicorno, Vinci (Florence), 24-26 July 2020
Festival dedicated to the world of fantasy is preparing to amaze fans and onlookers with a new edition that will aim to consolidate the event with new guests, shows and concerts. You can read more about: here.
- Easter Day - April 12th, 2020
" Lo Scoppio del Carro" - "Explosion of the Cart" Piazza del Duomo 10AM
An Easter tradition dating back centuries. We suggest getting to the piazza as early as possible because you will find a huge crowd of both Florentines and tourists. For a detailed explanation of this tradition, visit - Explosion of the Cart.
- Liberation Day - April 25th, 2019
Celebrating the day that Nazi occupation came to an end in Italy towards the end of the WWII. Enjoy an annual ceremony and concert in Piazza Signoria among other events dedicated to those who fought all around Florence and Italy in general.
- Festa di San Giovanni - June 24th 2019
Celebrating Saint John, the patron saint of Florence, you can expect to see crowds and a lot of events happening all around the city including Calcio Storico (the final game) during the day and the famous fireworks taking off from Piazzale Michelangelo at night. For more information about this holiday and what you can expect, visit: Festa di San Giovanni.