Fill your agendas and itineraries with all the best Firenze events!
Chronologically listed are all of the events in Florence, organized and specially selected by the StudentsVille staff. We’ve sifted through the thousands of Florence events happening in our lovely city to bring you the richest, and most entertaining, in cultural enjoyment events in Florence, Italy.
What’s happening in Florence
Here you will find a list of all the most interesting cinema in Florence – outdoor and indoor, Florence concerts held in the center of the city, theatre in Florence, Florence music events and other exhibits and fairs happening throughout the year.
- The first Sunday of every month there is free entrance to state museums. You can anticipate a longer line, but hey, it was free right? For a full list of the museums participating, click here.
- For the latest in movies (in original sound with subtitles) check out Odeon Firenze for their schedules and upcoming events.
- For all shows at Teatro Verdi in the center, including ballets, plays, musicals and entertainment, visit the Teatro Verdi Website to see what shows will be playing when you’re in town.
- For concerts and events throughout the year at the main venue in Florence, visit: Mandela Forum.
- Van Gogh and the cursed Poets – 6 Dec – 5 May(2019)
Santo Stefano al Ponte
An exhibition on one of the most well known artists in history and the poets that worked during the same period.
- Note al Museo dell’Opera del Duomo – 25 Oct – 22 Apr(2019)
Museo dell’Opera del Duomo
Enjoy some beautiful concertos in the Museo dell’Opera del Duomo’s Salone del Paradiso. You’ll love every moment of it!
- Easter Day – April 21st, 2019
” Lo Scoppio del Carro” – “Explosion of the Cart” Piazza del Duomo 10AM
An Easter tradition dating back centuries. We suggest getting to the piazza as early as possible because you will find a huge crowd of both Florentines and tourists. For a detailed explanation of this tradition, visit – Explosion of the Cart.
- Liberation Day – April 25th, 2019
Celebrating the day that Nazi occupation came to an end in Italy towards the end of the WWII. Enjoy an annual ceremony and concert in Piazza Signoria among other events dedicated to those who fought all around Florence and Italy in general.
- Firenze Rocks – June 13,14,15 and 16th 2019
Four days of some of the best rock artists out there. Click the link for artist list, hours and tickets. Firenze Rocks
- Festa di San Giovanni – June 24th 2019
Celebrating Saint John, the patron saint of Florence, you can expect to see crowds and a lot of events happening all around the city including Calcio Storico (the final game) during the day and the famous fireworks taking off from Piazzale Michelangelo at night. For more information about this holiday and what you can expect, visit: Festa di San Giovanni.