Fill your agendas and itineraries with all the best Firenze events!
Chronologically listed are all of the events in Florence, organized and specially selected by the StudentsVille staff. We've sifted through the thousands of Florence events happening in our lovely city to bring you the richest, and most entertaining, in cultural enjoyment events in Florence, Italy. You will find all the answers to the question, "What should I do in Florence today?"
Everything you need to know: what’s happening in Florence
Here you will find a list of all the most interesting cinema in Florence - outdoor and indoor, Florence concerts held in the center of the city, theatre in Florence, Florence music events and other exhibits and fairs happening throughout the year.
- The first Sunday of every month there is free entrance to state museums. You can anticipate a longer line, but hey, it was free right? For a full list of the museums participating, click here.
- For the latest in movies (in original sound with subtitles) check out Odeon Firenze for their schedules and upcoming events.
- For all shows at Teatro Verdi in the center, including ballets, plays, musicals and entertainment, visit the Teatro Verdi Website to see what shows will be playing when you're in town.
- For concerts and events throughout the year at the main venue in Florence, visit: Mandela Forum.
Best Art, Photography Exhibitions in Florence
- Come as you are - Kurt Cobain and the grunge revolution, Palazzo Medici Riccardi, July 2nd - October 18th 2020
From July 2 to October 18, 2020, in Florence, Palazzo Medici Riccardi hosts the photographic exhibition "Peterson - Lavine. Come as you are: Kurt Cobain and the Grunge Revolution". Curated by ONO arte contemporanea, the exhibition is organized and promoted by OEO Firenze Art and Le Nozze di Figaro, in collaboration with the Metropolitan City of Florence, the Municipality of Florence and Mus.e.
You can read more about it: here.
- Kevin Francis Gray, Museo Stefano Bardini, June 2nd - December 21st 2020
Museo Stefano Bardini, from June 2 until December 21 2020, hosts the exposition dedicated to Kevin Francis Gray. The deep bond between Kevin Francis Gray and Tuscany is testified by the longstanding collaboration between the artist and the marble processing studios in Pietrasanta. The exhibition is organized by Mus.e in collaboration with Eduardo Secci Contemporary. Read more about it: here.
- "Jeff Koons. Shine", Palazzo Strozzi, September 1st 2020 - January 31st 2021
Jeff Koons is the protagonist of a new major exhibition at Palazzo Strozzi, his most important exposition ever held in Italy. Info: here.
Music Festivals, Concerts
- Teho Teardo, Spazio Alfieri, October 20th 2020
Teho Teardo - composer, musician and sound designer - is a musician you need to see live. Do not miss the concert at Spazio Alfieri.
- Paul Weller, Tuscany Hall, May 4th 2021
The "Modfather" Paul Weller is back in Italy. On May 4 he will be live at Tuscany Hall.
- Firenze Rocks, Visarno, 16-19 June 2021
Firenze Rocks will return in summer 2021 from 16 to 19 June 2021. Confirmed in next year's line-up: Red hot chili Peppers on Wednesday 16th June 2021, Green Day on Thursday 17th June.
Michael Kiwanuka - Fiesole (FI) // Estate Fiesolana, July 17th 2021
Michael Kiwanuka is one of the best soul musicians nowadays. On Saturday 17th July 2021 he will be on stage at the Roman Theatre in Fiesole (Florence) during "Estate Fiesolana".
- Sustainable Thinking, Museo Ferragamo, April 12th 2019 - January 16th 2021
"Sustainable Thinking" project includes exhibitions and initiatives starting in April 2019 involving Salvatore Ferragamo Museum in Florence and other public institutions in the city, with the aim of offering a starting point for reflection on such an important issue. Read more about it: here.
- Easter Day
" Lo Scoppio del Carro" - "Explosion of the Cart" Piazza del Duomo 10AM
An Easter tradition dating back centuries. We suggest getting to the piazza as early as possible because you will find a huge crowd of both Florentines and tourists. For a detailed explanation of this tradition, visit - Explosion of the Cart.
- Liberation Day - April 25th, 2021
Celebrating the day that Nazi occupation came to an end in Italy towards the end of the WWII. Enjoy an annual ceremony and concert in Piazza Signoria among other events dedicated to those who fought all around Florence and Italy in general.
- Festa di San Giovanni - June 24th 2021
Celebrating Saint John, the patron saint of Florence, you can expect to see crowds and a lot of events happening all around the city including Calcio Storico (the final game) during the day and the famous fireworks taking off from Piazzale Michelangelo at night. For more information about this holiday and what you can expect, visit: Festa di San Giovanni.