You don't know what to do in Milan? Do you want to know what's on Milan this weekend? You're in the right place at the right moment: StudentsVille is here to inform you about all the best Milan events today.
All the events are listed in chronological order, peculiarly chosen and selected by StudentsVille staff.
We've combed through the many events around Milan: art exhibitions, festivals, concerts, vintage markets - all the Milan Italy upcoming events. Obviously, we picked only the most entertaining ones.
What’s happening in Milan
In this page you will find a list of Milan events: all the most fascinating artistic and cultural attractions, events. Therefore, you'll always know what's happening in Milan and you won't miss any upcoming events in Milan.
- Thanks to Mibact's initiative "Io vado al Museo" Milan State museums open free on first Sunday of month
- For the latest films in original sound with subtitles go to Spazio Cinema which has a wide selection of the best movies in original language of the current cinema season.
- On the weekend and also during the midweek Milan is more alive then ever: if you want to know what's on in Milan in the best theaters of the city, visit the websites of the most important ones - Teatro alla Scala, Teatro degli Arcimboldi, Teatro Nuovo, Teatro Elfo Puccini.
Milan Art Exhibitions
- Liu Ye. Storytelling, Fondazione Prada, January 30th - September 28th 2020
Fondazione Prada presents "Storytelling", a solo exhibition by the Chinese painter Liu Ye curated by Udo Kittelmann, from January 30th to September 28th 2020 at the Galleria Nord in Milan. The exhibition project, inaugurated for the first time at Prada Rong Zhai in Shanghai in 2018, continues in Milan and includes a selection of 35 paintings. You can read more about it: here.
- "Gauguin, Matisse, Chagall - La Passione nell’arte francese dai Musei Vaticani", Museo Diocesano Carlo Maria Martini, June 2nd - October 4th 2020
The exhibition "Gauguin, Matisse, Chagall - La Passione nell’arte francese dai Musei Vaticani" offers a selection of works by French artists such as Paul Gauguin, Auguste Rodin, Maurice Denis, Georges Rouault, Marc Chagall, Henri Matisse and others focusing on the Passion of Christ.
- "Prima, donna. Margaret Bourke-White", Palazzo Reale, September 25th 2020 - February 14th 2021
The exhibition presents the most beautiful photos taken by Margaret Bourke-White (New York, 1904 - Stanford, 1971), among the most representative and emblematic figures of photojournalism.
Read more about it: here.
- "Le Signore del Barocco", Palazzo Reale, December 3rd 2020 - April 11th 2021
Palazzo Reale hosts the exhibition "Le Signore del Barocco": it is an exposition dedicated the female artists of the seventeenth century. A celebration of the creativity of women who were able to investigate their time revealing new perspectives, with technical and pictorial skills equal to those of their male colleagues.
Cinema Festivals, Events
- Milano Film Festival, Various Locations, October 2-8 2020
Milano Film Festival (also known as MFF) is an independent film festival that has been held in Milan since 1996 between September and October. Read more about it: here.
- Kronos Trio, Fabbrica del Vapore, September 11th 2020
Kronos Trio - trumpet, electronics and dj-set - will do a concert at Fabbrica del Vapore in Milan on September 11 . The band is composed by Walter Prati, Mario Mariotti and Guglielmo Prati. Read more about it: here.
- The Jesus and Mary Chain play Darklands, Alcatraz, February 23rd 2021
The Jesus and Mary Chain, the band who invented shoegaze, will perform Darklands - the band's second album released in 1987 - at Alcatraz.
- Fontaines DC, Magazzini Generali, March 13th 2021
Fontaines DC, the best next big thing of Irish post-punk, will play at Magazzini Generali on March 13th 2021.
- Kraftwerk, Teatro degli Arcimboldi, April 7th 2021
After the worldwide success of their 3-D show, the pioneers of electronic music are back in Italy. They will do an incredible multimedia show that combines music and performance art.
On December 7th "milanesi" celebrate Ambrogio, their patron saint. On this date the statue of the saint, kept in the Duomo, is exposed to the public while the solemn celebration for the faithful takes place in the church dedicated to the saint.
- Festa del Perdono
Festa del Perdono or Annunciation is celebrated every year on March 25th, in even years in the Cathedral and in odd years at Ca' Granda.
- Lunedì dell'angelo
On the Monday following Easter Sunday there is a fair, now generic but once dedicated to flowers and cage birds. According to tradition, on that day the children had to caress the column of Sant'Ambrogio to obtain protection against the evil of worms.