You don’t know what to do in Milan? Do you want to know what’s on Milan this weekend? You’re in the right place at the right moment: StudentsVille is here to inform you about all the best Milan events today.
All the events are listed in chronological order, peculiarly chosen and selected by StudentsVille staff.
We’ve combed through the many events around Milan: art exhibitions, festivals, concerts, vintage markets – all the Milan Italy upcoming events. Obviously, we picked only the most entertaining ones.
Discover Milan with our guides:
What’s happening in Milan
In this page you will find a list of Milan events: all the most fascinating artistic and cultural attractions, events. Therefore, you’ll always know what’s happening in Milan and you won’t miss any upcoming events in Milan.
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Milan State museums open free on first Sunday of month
- For the latest films in original sound with subtitles go to Spazio Cinema which has a wide selection of the best movies in original language of the current cinema season.
- On the weekend and also during the midweek Milan is more alive then ever: if you want to know what’s on in Milan in the best theaters of the city, visit the websites of the most important ones – Teatro alla Scala, Teatro degli Arcimboldi, Teatro Nuovo, Teatro Elfo Puccini.
Milan Art Exhibitions
- Canova – i volti ideali, GAM Galleria d’Arte Moderna, October 24th 2019 – March 15th 2020
From October 25th, 2019 Galleria d’Arte Moderna in Milan presents the exhibition “Canova. I volti ideali”(Canova. The ideal faces) which reconstructs the genesis and evolution of the type of female busts made by the sculptor Canova. Info: here.
- “Georges de La Tour: l’Europa della luce”, Palazzo Reale, February 7th – June 7th 2020
First exhibition in Italy dedicated to Georges de La Tour, one of the most famous artists of the seventeenth century. His painting is characterized by a deep contrast between the cruelly realistic “diurnal” themes, which show us an existence without filters, with faces marked by poverty and the inexorable passing of time and the “nocturnal” themes with splendid figures illuminated by the light of a candle. More info: here.
- Liu Ye. Storytelling, Fondazione Prada, January 30th – September 28th 2020
Fondazione Prada presents “Storytelling”, a solo exhibition by the Chinese painter Liu Ye curated by Udo Kittelmann, from January 30th to September 28th 2020 at the Galleria Nord in Milan. The exhibition project, inaugurated for the first time at Prada Rong Zhai in Shanghai in 2018, continues in Milan and includes a selection of 35 paintings. You can read more about it: here.
- “Trisha Baga. The eye, the eye and the ear”, Pirelli HangarBicocca, February 20th – July 19th 2020
Pirelli HangarBicocca presents from February 20th to July 19th 2020 Trisha Baga’s solo exhibition “the eye, the eye and the ear”, which collects video installations and ceramic sculptures, in a journey through surprising and unusual narratives: from science fiction to Madonna popstar, from ancient legends to digital devices like Alexa Echo. More info: here.
- Shozo Shimamoto, Cardi Gallery, February 19th – July 10th 2020
From February 19th to July 10th Cardi Gallery hosts an exhibition of Shozo Shimamoto.The exhibition, through an important corpus of works, aims to enhance the late production of the artist, which Rosanna Chiessi, founder and president of the Shozo Shimamoto Association, has supported through the organization of many of the performances that have made the master famous throughout the world.
- Tony Lewis. The Dangers (As Far As I Can See), Galleria Massimo De Carlo, January 22nd – March 28th 2020
Galleria Massimo De Carlo in Milan opens its doors to Tony Lewis: the artist presents his exhibition “The Dangers (as far as I can see)” from January 22nd to March 28th 2020. More info: here.
Cinema Festivals, Events
- Sguardi Altrove Film Festival, 13-21 March 2020
Film festival dedicated to Cinema declined to female. Soon on Sguardi Altrove’s website more info about it.
- Festival Cinema Africano, Asia e America Latina, 21-29 March 2020
Festival Cinema Africano, Asia e America Latina is an annual festival dedicated to films from Africa, Asia and Latin America, which has been held in Milan since 1991. You can find the upcoming program here.
- MIX Milan Festival of Gaylesbic Cinema and Queer Culture, Piccolo Teatro Strehler, 18-21 June 2020
Mix Milano festival includes a program of films in competition, many previews, meetings with guests and special event. Upcoming program on MIX’s website.
- Milano I-DAYS 2020, MIND – Milano Innovation District (Area Expo), 12-15 June 2020
Music festival dedicated to rock, alternative music. The first artists announced are System of Down, KORN, Billie Eilish. Upcoming program on IDAYS’ website.
- Milano Latin Festival, June 15th – August 15th 2020
The program of Milano Latin Festival includes concerts of the greatest stars of reggaeton, urban music and salsa with dance squares open every evening, theme nights, restaurants offering the most varied facets of gastronomy of Central and South America, and with the Pavilion of Nations that hosts national holidays and cultural events in collaboration with consulates, embassies and associations of Latin American countries in Milan. More info: here.
Food, Handcraft, Culture
- Seed & Chips, 18-20 May 2020
Summit on food innovation. You can read more about it on Seed&Chips’ website.
On December 7th “milanesi” celebrate Ambrogio, their patron saint. On this date the statue of the saint, kept in the Duomo, is exposed to the public while the solemn celebration for the faithful takes place in the church dedicated to the saint.
- Festa del Perdono
Festa del Perdono or Annunciation is celebrated every year on March 25th, in even years in the Cathedral and in odd years at Ca’ Granda.
- Lunedì dell’angelo
On the Monday following Easter Sunday there is a fair, now generic but once dedicated to flowers and cage birds. According to tradition, on that day the children had to caress the column of Sant’Ambrogio to obtain protection against the evil of worms.