You don’t know what to do in Milan? Do you want to know what’s on Milan this weekend? You’re in the right place at the right moment: StudentsVille is here to inform you about all the best Milan events today.
All the events are listed in chronological order, peculiarly chosen and selected by StudentsVille staff.
We’ve combed through the many events around Milan: art exhibitions, festivals, concerts, vintage markets – all the Milan Italy upcoming events. Obviously, we picked only the most entertaining ones.
Discover Milan with our guides:
What’s happening in Milan
In this page you will find a list of Milan events: all the most fascinating artistic and cultural attractions, events. Therefore, you’ll always know what’s happening in Milan and you won’t miss any upcoming events in Milan.
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Milan State museums open free on first Sunday of month
- For the latest films in original sound with subtitles go to Spazio Cinema which has a wide selection of the best movies in original language of the current cinema season.
- On the weekend and also during the midweek Milan is more alive then ever: if you want to know what’s on in Milan in the best theaters of the city, visit the websites of the most important ones – Teatro alla Scala, Teatro degli Arcimboldi, Teatro Nuovo, Teatro Elfo Puccini.
Milan Art Exhibitions
- Filippo de Pisis, Museo del Novecento, October 4th 2019 – March 1st 2020
Museo del Novecento proposes a focus on the works of Filippo de Pisis (Ferrara 1896 – Milan 1956), an Italian figure of the twentieth century who has crossed countries and pictorial movements. Click here if you want to know more about it.
- GUGGENHEIM. La collezione Thannhauser, da Van Gogh a Picasso, Palazzo Reale, from October 17th 2019 to February 9th 2020
The exhibition “Guggenheim: The Thannhauser Collection, from Van Gogh to Picasso”, to be held at the Palazzo Reale from October 17th 2019 to February 9th 2020, presents about fifty works by the great Impressionist, Post-Impressionist and avant-garde masters of the early 20th century, including Paul Cézanne, Edgar Degas etc. . More info: here.
- Canova – i volti ideali, GAM Galleria d’Arte Moderna, October 24th 2019 – March 15th 2020
From October 25th, 2019 Galleria d’Arte Moderna in Milan presents the exhibition “Canova. I volti ideali”( Canova. The ideal faces) which reconstructs the genesis and evolution of the type of female busts made by the sculptor Canova. Info: here.
- Giacomo Leopardi. Infinito incanto, Biblioteca Sormani, November 9th 2019 – February 8th 2020
Two hundred years after the composition of “L’Infinito”, Milan pays tribute to Giacomo Leopardi with an exhibition and a series of meetings that tell the importance of the city of Milan in Leopardi’s journey. You can find more info, here.
- Emilio Vedova, Palazzo Reale, December 2019 – February 2020
The exhibition at Palazzo Reale in Milan traces the stages of the career of Emilio Vedova who was able to shake the field of contemporary Italian art. More info: here.
- Cesare Colombo (1935 – 2016)- Un fotografo nella Milano del Novecento, CASTELLO SFORZESCO | Sala Viscontea, from December 2019 to February 2020
Sala Viscontea hosts the exhibition “Un fotografo nella Milano del Novecento”, a tribute to Cesare Colombo (1935-2016), an important photographer of the Italian twentieth century. You can discover more about it on Studentsville’s blog.
Cinema Festivals, Events
- Sguardi Altrove Film Festival, 13-21 March 2020
Film festival dedicated to Cinema declined to female. Soon on Sguardi Altrove’s website more info about it.
- Festival Cinema Africano, Asia e America Latina, 21-29 March 2020
Festival Cinema Africano, Asia e America Latina is an annual festival dedicated to films from Africa, Asia and Latin America, which has been held in Milan since 1991. You can find the upcoming program here.
- MIX Milan Festival of Gaylesbic Cinema and Queer Culture, Piccolo Teatro Strehler, 18-21 June 2020
Mix Milano festival includes a program of films in competition, many previews, meetings with guests and special event. Upcoming program on MIX’s website.
- Federico Fellini, Palazzo Reale, December 2019 – February 2020
The exhibition explores Fellini’s creativity from the very beginning as a satirical cartoonist and humorous writer to his passion for Cinema. Upcoming info on Palazzo Reale’s website and discover more about Fellini’s retrospect at Palazzo Reale on StudentsVille Blog.
- Milano I-DAYS 2020, MIND – Milano Innovation District (Area Expo), 12-15 June 2020
Music festival dedicated to rock, alternative music. The first artists announced are System of Down, KORN, Billie Eilish. Upcoming program on IDAYS’ website.
- Milano Latin Festival, June 15th – August 15th 2020
The program of Milano Latin Festival includes concerts of the greatest stars of reggaeton, urban music and salsa with dance squares open every evening, theme nights, restaurants offering the most varied facets of gastronomy of Central and South America, and with the Pavilion of Nations that hosts national holidays and cultural events in collaboration with consulates, embassies and associations of Latin American countries in Milan. More info: here.
Food, Handcraft, Culture
- Seed & Chips, 18-20 May 2020
Summit on food innovation. You can read more about it on Seed&Chips’ website.
- Festival dell’Oriente 2020, Fiera Milano City, January 31th 2019 – February second 2020
Festival dell’Oriente returns to Milan, three days in which to immerse oneself in the distant cultures and spectacular traditions of the Asiatic Continent.
- Milano Tattoo Convention, Fiera Milano City, 7-9 February 2020
One of the most important international appointments of tattoo-art, now in its 25th edition..
More info: here.
On December 7th “milanesi” celebrate Ambrogio, their patron saint. On this date the statue of the saint, kept in the Duomo, is exposed to the public while the solemn celebration for the faithful takes place in the church dedicated to the saint.
- Festa del Perdono
Festa del Perdono or Annunciation is celebrated every year on March 25th, in even years in the Cathedral and in odd years at Ca’ Granda.
- Lunedì dell’angelo
On the Monday following Easter Sunday there is a fair, now generic but once dedicated to flowers and cage birds. According to tradition, on that day the children had to caress the column of Sant’Ambrogio to obtain protection against the evil of worms.