You don't know what to do in Milan? Do you want to know what's in Milan this weekend? You're in the right place at the right moment: StudentsVille is here to inform you about all the best Milan events today.
All the events are listed in chronological order, peculiarly chosen and selected by StudentsVille staff.
We've combed through the many events around Milan: art exhibitions, festivals, concerts, vintage markets - all the Milan Italy upcoming events. Obviously, we picked only the most entertaining ones.
What’s happening in Milan
On this page, you will find a list of Milan events: all the most fascinating artistic and cultural attractions, and events. Therefore, you'll always know what's happening in Milan and you won't miss any upcoming events in Milan.
- Thanks to Mibact's initiative "Io vado al Museo" Milan State museums open free on the first Sunday of the month
- For the latest films in original sound with subtitles go to Spazio Cinema which has a wide selection of the best movies in the original language of the current cinema season.
- On the weekend and also during the midweek Milan is more alive than ever: if you want to know what's on in Milan in the best theatres of the city, visit the websites of the most important ones - Teatro Alla Scala, Teatro Degli Arcimboldi, Teatro Nuovo, Teatro Elfo Puccini.
Milan Art Exhibitions
- Bill Viola, Palazzo Reale, 24 February - 25 June 2023
From 24 February to 25 June 2023, Palazzo Reale in Milan hosts a major exhibition dedicated to the man who has been considered the undisputed master of video art since the 1970s: Bill Viola.
Read more about Bill Viola exhibition at Palazzo Reale.
Music Festivals, Concerts in Milan
- King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard, Alcatraz, 15 March 2023
King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard, one of the most prolific bands on the planet, will be at Milan's Alcatraz for their only Italian date: active only since 2010, they have released no less than twenty-three albums, of which five in 2022 alone, becoming a cult band among psychedelic rock fans.
Buy the tickets for King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard's concert at Alcatraz.
- Eels, Alcatraz, 18 April 2023
The Eels finally return live. Mark Oliver Everett said: "We've got a lot of pent-up energy from all the time spent cooped-up and unable to rock. It's going to be an extra-special treat this time."
Buy the tickets for Eels' concert at Alcatraz.
- Big Thief, Alcatraz, 23 April 2023
Big Thief will be in Italy with a concert scheduled at Milan's Alcatraz on 23 April 2023, offering their fans the chance to hear live tracks from their latest album 'Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You', released in 2022 and one of the best records on the American folk/rock scene.
Buy the tickets for Big Thief's concert at Alcatraz.
- Alabaster dePlume, Triennale, 28 April 2023
AlabasterDePlume is an eccentric spirit, saxophonist, songwriter, poet, and singer: he is one of the best artists around and will play live at the Triennale in Milan.
Buy the tickets for Alabaster dePlume's concert at the Triennale.
On December 7th "milanesi" celebrate Ambrogio, their patron saint. On this date, the statue of the saint, kept in the Duomo, is exposed to the public while the solemn celebration for the faithful takes place in the church dedicated to the saint.
- Festa del Perdono
Festa del Perdono or Annunciation is celebrated every year on March 25th, in even years in the Cathedral and in odd years at Ca' Granda.
- Lunedì dell'angelo
On the Monday following Easter Sunday there is a fair, now generic but once dedicated to flowers and cage birds. According to tradition, on that day the children had to caress the column of Sant'Ambrogio to obtain protection against the evil of worms.