Study and Visa Documents

Study and Visa Documents Permesso di Soggiorno, Codice Fiscale, Iscriversi all'Anagrafe, health insurance...Oh my! Getting accepted into a program in Florence isn't the hardest part of studying abroad: there's the Italian paperwork! We're here to help explain, and ease the pain, of obtaining your study documents.

Did you apply for a study visa or receive a Lifelong Learning Programme/Erasmus grant for more than 90 days? Upon your arrival in Italy, you will need to apply for at least one of the following items to legally stay in the country.

Click on the names below for a complete list of required documents and step-by-step instructions:


Permesso Di Soggiorno

How to obtain the "Permit to Stay" or "Residence Permit," for Non-European Union citizens.

Iscriversi all'Anagrafe

How to "Register with the Registry Office," for European Union citizens.

Medical Insurance

Healthcare coverage options for EU and non-EU students.


Codice Fiscale

How to get a "Tax Code," and why you need one.

Transparent Image
Privacy Policy | powered by Konnettiamo