Venice is a unique city, surrounded and crossed by water: you can breathe beauty at every corner. Since the 1895 Biennale, one of the most important cultural foundations in the world has been organising the International Art Exhibition of Venice and, since 1932 , Venice International Film Festival, the oldest film festival in the world.
So if you want to visit a city like that, you absolutely need a list of all of Venice events and you won't have to worry about what to do in Venice because you'll be always informed about the last Venice Biennale collateral events or all cultural initiatives, Venice events academy or suggestions about Venice Carnival what to do.
Discover Venice with our guides:
What's happening in Venice
So, as you've already guessed, this page is a kind of Venice Italy events calendar: if you missed Venice events October, you wouldn't do the same in November. Discover StudentsVille Staff's list to be informed about Venice events next 7 days and more.
- Venice things to do on Sunday? Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Venice State museums open free on the first Sunday of the month
- Venice is home of the most beautiful theatres in Europe: Teatro Goldoni in which the playwright Carlo Goldoni, one of the fathers of modern comedy, worked; Teatro La Fenice and Teatro Malibran.
Art exhibitions, Photography in Venice
- Tribute to Virgilio Guidi with a look at the Sonino collection, Bevilacqua La Masa Foundation San Marco, Palazzo Tito, Giorgio Franchetti Gallery at Ca’ d’Oro, September 17th 2021 - January 7th 2022
The exhibition "Omaggio a Virgilio Guidi", dedicated to Virgilio Guidi, retraces the entire artistic career of the Maestro, a source of inspiration for generations of Venetian artists.
More info about Tribute to Virgilio Guidi
- Carnival of Venice, February
During the Venice Carnival what to do: Carnival is celebrated throughout Italy but the one celebrated in Venice is THE carnival. It is one of the oldest festivals in the lagoon, and the one that is able to exert the greatest charm, not only in Italy, but also abroad. You can read more about it on Carnival of Venice's official website.
- Feast of Saint Mark, April 25th
Feast of Saint Mark is patronal solemnity of Venice and Veneto which is celebrated on 25th April, in memory of Saint Mark the Evangelist.
- Festa della Sensa, 23-24 May
The event begins with the mayor blessing the lagoon and is followed by a wonderful regatta.