Venice is a unique city, surrounded and crossed by water: you can breathe beauty at every corner. Since 1895 Biennale, one of the most important cultural foundations in the world, has been organasing International Art Exhibition of Venice and, since 1932 ,Venice International Film Festival, the oldest film festival in the world.
So if you want to visit a city like that, you absolutely need a list all of Venice events and you won’t have to worry about what to do in Venice because you’ll be always informed about the last Venice Biennale collateral events or all cultural initiatives, Venice events academy or suggestions about Venice Carnival what to do.
Discover Venice with our guides:
What’s happening in Venice
So, as you’ve already guessed, this page is a kind of venice italy events calendar: if you missed venice events october, you wouldn’t do the same in november. Discover StudentsVille Staff’s list to be informed about venice events next 7 days and more.
- Venice things to do on Sunday? Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Venice State museums open free on first Sunday of month
- Venice is home of the most beautiful theatres in Europe: Teatro Goldoni in which the playwright Carlo Goldoni, one of the fathers of modern comedy, worked; Teatro La Fenice and Teatro Malibran.
Art exhibitions, Photography
- FROM TITIAN TO RUBENS. Masterpieces from Antwerp and other Flemish Collections, Palazzo Ducale, September 5th 2019 – March 1st 2020
The exhibition is developed in 10 thematic sections and collects about 80 paintings, drawings, prints, statues and glass both Venetian and Antwerp made à la façon de Venise.
Most of the loans come from the Royal Museum of Fine Arts in Antwerp and the Rubens House in Antwerp. Loans from the National Gallery in London, the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam and the Musée National d’Histoire de l’Art in Luxembourg are also provided.
More info: here.
- Livio Seguso, Glass Museum, Murano (Venice), October 15th 2019 – April 12th 2020
Murano pays homage to the master of contemporary glass Livio Seguso with a monographic exhibition entitled “Livio Seguso. In the beginning was the drop” at the Glass Museum that will remain open until April 12th 2020. You can read more about it: here.
- Sogno e Surreale, Museo Ebraico, February 16th – May 17th 2020
The Jewish Museum of Venice will host the exhibition Igor Skaletsky from 16 February to 17 May 2020. “Sogno e Surreale”.
An exhibition about the liberation of the oneiric, the fantastic and the magical that is contained in each of us: the young and successful Israeli artist, Igor Skaletsky, creates an enchanted world thanks to the surreal manipulation of images and scenes. More info: here.
- Carnival of Venice, 8 -25 February 2020
During the Venice Carnival what to do: Carnival is celebrated throughout Italy but the one celebrated in Venice is THE carnival. It is one of the oldest festivals in the lagoon, and the one that is able to exert the greatest charm, not only in Italy, but also abroad. You can read more about it on Carnival of Venice’s official website.
- Feast of Saint Mark, April 25th 2020
Feast of Saint Mark is patronal solemnity of Venice and Veneto which is celebrated on 25th April, in memory of Saint Mark the Evangelist.
- Festa della Sensa, 23-24 May 2020
The event begins with the mayor blessing the lagoon and is followed by a wonderful regatta.