If you need to know all the events in Rome today, remember that Rome is the capital of Italy and throughout its three millennia of history has been the first metropolis of mankind, beating heart of one of the most important ancient civilizations, which influenced society, culture, language, literature, art, architecture, philosophy, religion, law and customs of the following centuries.
So, for that reason Rome is an essential stage of your journey in Italy and you have to be informed about all the unmissable rome events.
StudentsVille staff has made a selection of all the events that will be happened in Rome "Caput Mundi".
Discover what's happening in Rome
In this page you will have knowledge of festival, concerts, fairs, art exhibitions that are happening in the city, so you have always have an answer for questions like "what's on Rome" or "which are the events in Rome this weekend".
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Rome State museums open free on first Sunday of month
- Free museums all year long: throughout the year you can visit free a rich list of museums: Villa Massenzio, Museo di Casal de' Pazzi, Museo della Repubblica Romana e della memoria garibaldina and many others. The complete list, here.
Best Art, Photography, Comics exhibitions in Rome
- "Orazio Borgianni. Un genio inquieto nella Roma di Caravaggio", Palazzo Barberini, June 11th - November 1st 2020
The first monographic exhibition dedicated to Horace Borgianni (Rome, 1574 - 1616) takes place significantly in Palazzo Barberini, where two masterpieces by the artist, the Self-portrait and the Holy Family with St. John, St. Elizabeth and an angel, are kept, together with one of the richest and most important nuclei of Caravaggio paintings in the world. Discover more about it: here.
- The Torlonia Marbles. Collecting Masterpieces, Palazzo Caffarelli, September 25th 2020 - January 10th 2021
The Torlonia Marbles. Collecting Masterpieces exhibits ninety-six exceptional marbles from the Torlonia collection.
Read more about it: here.
- "Aldo Rossi. The Architect and the cities", Maxxi Museo, December 16th 2020 - August 29th 2021
"Aldo Rossi. The Architect and the cities" is a retrospective dedicated to the extraordinary theoretical and practical contribution of an "anomalous architect", Aldo Rossi. On display you can find materials from archives and collections all over the world. You can read more about it: here.
Cinema festivals, events
- "Felliniana – Ferretti sogna Fellini", Palazzina Fellini ( Studi di Cinecittà), February 1st - December 31st 2020
"Felliniana - Ferretti sogna Fellini" is the title of the Festival-installation, in the Cinecittà Studios, inside the historic 'Palazzina Fellini'.
The work bears the signature of Dante Ferretti, an artist-craftsman capable of making his dreams come true, and Francesca Lo Schiavo, Ferretti's life and work partner, internationally renowned set designer and set decorator. The exhibition is a real immersion in Fellini's imagination, as well as a dreamlike and evocative tale of an artistic association and friendship. More info: here.
- "Il Centenario – Alberto Sordi 1920-2020", Alberto Sordi's Villa - Piazzale Numa Pompilio, September 16th - January 31st 2021
Alberto Sordi's villa opens to the public to celebrate in a special way the 100 years since the birth of the great Roman actor.
Music Festival, Concerts
- Joan as Police Woman, Auditorium Parco della Musica, May 29th 2021
Joan as Police Woman, one of the best female songwriters, will be live at Auditorium Parco della Musica on May 29th 2021.
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Palazzo dello Sport, May 31st 2021
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds are one of the most emotionally powerful post-punk, art rock, punk blues band out there. In 2021 they will be back in Italy, on stage at Palazzo dello Sport in Rome.
FB event: here.
- Beck, Auditorium Parco della Musica, June 26th 2021
After 15 years Beck is back in Italy. The Auditorium Parco della Musica's concert is an opportunity to rediscover Beck's discography: from 90s with lo-fi folk to ethereal synthpop of "Hyperspace" (Beck's last album released in 2019).
- Pixies, Auditorium Parco della Musica, June 28th 2021
After two Italian sold-out concerts in 2019, Pixies - one of the best American indie band ever - will play live at Auditorium Parco della Musica. Don't miss it.
FB event: here.
- Natale di Roma, April 21th 2021
The foundation of the city is celebrated on the symbolic date of April 21, 753 BC with solemn ceremonies, including a tribute to "Milite Ignoto" (Tomb of the Unknown Soldier), but above all with night lighting on Imperial Fora. A show out of time. The anniversary includes events, free museums and opening of the Capitoline Museums until late at night. Numerous concerts in various squares, from military bands to that of the National Academy of Santa Cecilia. Educational initiatives at the Colosseum and Capitol.
- Santa Francesca Romana, March 2021
On the occasion of the feast of Santa Francesca Romana (March 9th), the traditional ceremony dedicated to the blessing of institutional vehicles and private citizens is held.
- San Giuseppe, March 19th 2021
Ancient festival of craftsmen celebrated at the Roman Forum (Church of San Giuseppe dei Falegnami) and the Trionfale district (Church of San Giuseppe al Trionfale) with a side of pancakes and cream puffs.
- Feast of SS. Pietro and Paolo, June 29th 2021
Feast dedicated to the patron saints of the city. This recurrence is born from the tradition that wants the two apostles arrived in Rome from Judea in the same period and martyred the same day, even if in different places. According to an ancient and consolidated memory in Via Ostiense, among today's numbers 106 and 108 and about three hundred meters from the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls, took place the last fraternal greeting between Peter and Paul, separated, to be sent to martyrdom.