Pisa, known worldwide for its leaning tower, was once an important maritime republic and now is home of three important Universities: University of Pisa, Scuola Normale Superiore and Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies.
Therefore it is a city full of life, youth and you need a calendar of all Pisa events: art exhibitions, concerts, festivals and so on.
StudentsVille Staff has selected the most important things that happen in town: in this page you will read 2020 Pisa events and much more and you will always have an answer for the question, "Which are the Pisa events today?".
What's happening in Pisa, Italy
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Pisa State museums open free on first Sunday of month
- The walls: the city is still surrounded by the ancient city walls, which have remained intact except for a few stretches to the south and west.The atmosphere is always magic. Discover all Pisa events today.
- Igor Mitoraj, Museo delle Sinopie, August 20th - January 11th 2021
Museo delle Sinopie in Pisa will host, until 11 January 2021, three works by the sculptor Igor Mitoraj.
Concerts in Pisa
- Pisa Jazz Festival, Various Locations, All year long
"Pisa Jazz" is the evolution of JazzWide, the Jazz festival organized by the ExWide Association; since 2015, with the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding with the City for the promotion of jazz music in Pisa, JazzWide has become in fact "Pisa Jazz", organizing concerts and initiatives in various places in the city throughout the year.
More info: here.
- Luminara, June 16th 2021
"Luminara" of San Ranieri (vernacular of Pisa for "luminaria") is a city festival that takes place in Pisa on the evening of June 16 of each year, the eve of San Ranieri, patron saint of the city. It is part of the celebrations of June in Pisa.
- Game of the Bridge, June 2021
Every last Saturday of June twelve teams of twenty players each face each other pushing with force (using their legs and neck but not their arms) a heavy trolley that runs on rails, positioned in the middle of the Middle Bridge.The objective is to advance until the flag of the enemy faction falls. The Game of the Bridge includes six fights and the eventual playoff.