Perugia, known as the "City of Chocolate" for the historic presence of La Perugina and many other companies specializing in the production of confectionery products, is rich in historical and artistic monuments of the highest value. So there is always something beautiful to see and StudentsVille Staff selected all the best Perugia events.
Discover Perugia with our guides:
What's happening in Perugia
This page is a calendar of all Perugia Italy upcoming events: art exhibitions, festivals and much more. You will always be kept up to date with the last 2020 Perugia events.
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Perugia State museums open free on first Sunday of month
- Perugia has a very intense city life, day and night. Fontana Maggiore, built between 1275 and 1278 and designed by Nicola and Giovanni Pisano, is the beating heart of the city. So enjoy our list of Perugia today events and more.
Art Exhibitions, Photography
- "Brian Eno. Reflected", Galleria Nazionale dell'Umbria, September 4th 2020 - January 10th 2021
From 4 September 2020 to 10 January 2021 Galleria Nazionale dell'Umbria hosts the works of Brian Eno, influential visual artist, composer and musician. You can read more about it: here.
- Umbria Jazz Festival, Various Locations, July 2021
Umbria Jazz Festival was born in 1973, it is one of the most famous Jazz festivals in the world and every year hosts big names in international Jazz. Tom Jones already announced.
More info: here.
- Eurochocolate, various locations in Perugia's city center, 16-25 October 2020
Eurochocolate is an annual event dedicated to the culture of chocolate, which takes place in Perugia in October.
Eurochocolate's official site: here.
- Perugia celebrates San Costanzo, last Monday in January
Last Monday in January: Perugia celebrates its patron saint, San Costanzo, with an event full of charm.The procession of the lights of San Costanzo, a tradition that dates back to the Middle Ages and restored fifteen years ago
- Carnival of San Sisto or Carnival of Perugia, February - March 2021
The districts of San Sisto create wonderful papier-mâché floats that represent cartoon characters, fairytale characters, political characters, current affairs characters, news items and much more! The districts that organize the Carnival of San Sisto are: Rione Viale San Sisto, Rione La Torre, Rione 'L Toppo, Rione Perugiadue, Rione 'L Cedro, Riono Borgonovo.
- Palio Perugia 1416, 5-7 June 2021
Palio Perugia 1416, a commemorative event celebrating the triumphal entry of Braccio Fortebracci from Montone to Perugia. The competitions in which the districts compete: the shooting of the javelin, the move to the tower, the historical procession and the race of the drape. It takes place in June. You can read more about it: here.