Padua, known for the frescoes by Giotto in the Scrovegni Chapel (1303-05) and for the great Basilica of Sant'Antonio (13th century), is a city full of culture and art. The streets of the historic center are characterized by arcades and elegant cafes frequented by students of the University of Padua, founded in 1222.
Every day there is always something to see or to do in town. For this reason StudentsVille Staff has chosen all the best Padua events: art exhibitions, concerts, festivals, University of Padua related events and initiatives.
Discover Padua with our guides:
What's going on in Padua
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Padua State museums open free on first Sunday of month.
- The commercial heart of the city is Piazza delle Erbe: home of the fruit and vegetable market and flanked by the beautiful Town Hall. Here you must stop in the evening for a spritz, so read our guide if you want to discover the upcoming Padua Italy events.
Art Exhibitions in Padua
- "La Voce e il Miracolo - espressioni del contemporaneo", Basilica of Saint Anthony of Padua, August 28th - November 1st 2020
From 28th August to 1st November the art collective to rethink the figures of St. Anthony and St. Francis after 800 years from the arrival of the Assisiate in the Holy Land and the Franciscan vocation of Anthony
Basilica of Saint Anthony of Padua's official site: here.
Concerts in Padua
- Kraftwerk, Gran Teatro Geox, April 10th 2021
Kraftwerk, pioneers of electronic music, will take their 3-D tour on May 21st, 2020 to the Gran Teatro Geox in Padua for an incredible Italian show dedicated to music and performance art.
- Van Der Graaf Generator, Gran Teatro Geox, September 10th 2021
Seven years after the last tour that also involved Italy, Van Der Graaf Generator are back for an important anniversary: the British progressive rock band will be in Italy to celebrate over fifty years of their career
- Transit of Saint Anthony, June 12th 2021
Historical commemoration in costume celebrates the last trip from Camposampiero to Padua of friar Antonio, who, feeling close to his death, asked to be taken to the beloved Paduan convent of Maria Mater Domini, the first nucleus of what later became the Antonian basilica.
- Feast of Saint Anthony, June 13th 2021
After a solemn mass celebrated in the morning by the bishop in the basilica, a second solemn mass follows in the afternoon, celebrated by the provincial father of the Friars Minor Conventual, after which the relic of the chin of the Saint, preceded by the statue, is carried in procession through the streets of the city center, followed by a parade of the confraternities with their respective banners, and by the authorities.