Padua, known for the frescoes by Giotto in the Scrovegni Chapel (1303-05) and for the great Basilica of Sant'Antonio (13th century), is a city full of culture and art. The streets of the historic centre are characterized by arcades and elegant cafes frequented by students of the University of Padua, founded in 1222.
Every day there is always something to see or to do in town. For this reason, StudentsVille Staff has chosen all the best Padua events: art exhibitions, concerts, festivals, and University of Padua-related events and initiatives.
Discover Padua with our guides:
The complete guide about Padua
Living in Padua
Studying in Padua
Discover the complete list of Padua Restaurants
What’s going on in Padua
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Padua State museums open free on the first Sunday of the month.
- The commercial heart of the city is Piazza Delle Erbe: home of the fruit and vegetable market and flanked by the beautiful Town Hall. Here you must stop in the evening for a spritz, so read our guide if you want to discover the upcoming Padua Italy events.
Best Art Exhibitions in Padua
- "Frida Kahlo e Diego Rivera ", Centro Culturale Altinate San Gaetano, 14 February - 4 June 2023
Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera: one of the most overwhelming stories of love and passion in the entire history of art. In Padua, at the Centro Culturale Altinate San Gaetano, from 14 February to 4 June 2023, a choral exhibition tells the story of the two Mexican artists who have risen to myths on a planetary level.
Visit the Frida Kahlo exhibition's Official Website
Concerts in Padua
- Rammstein, Stadio Euganeo, 1 July 2023
After the concert in Turin in the summer of 2022, Rammstein keep their promise and return to Italy in 2023! The only Italian date of their new European tour will take place on Saturday 1 July 2023 at Padua's Stadio Euganeo.
Unfortunately, the tickets for Rammstein's concert at Stadio Euganeo are sold out.
- Placebo, Anfiteatro Camerini - Piazzale Camerini, Piazzola sul Brenta (Padua), 18 July 2023
After having thrilled their fans on the stages of Firenze Rocks and the Mediolanum Forum in Milan, Placebo will return to Italy in 2023 for five unmissable dates in July. On 18 July, they will be in concert in Piazzola Sul Brenta (Padua).
Buy the tickets for Placebo's concert at Anfiteatro Camerini - Piazzale Camerini, Piazzola sul Brenta (Padua)
- Transit of Saint Anthony, June 12th
Historical commemoration in costume celebrates the last trip from Camposampiero to Padua of friar Antonio, who, feeling close to his death, asked to be taken to the beloved Paduan convent of Maria Mater Domini, the first nucleus of what later became the Antonian basilica.
- Feast of Saint Anthony, June 13th
After a solemn mass celebrated in the morning by the bishop in the basilica, a second solemn mass follows in the afternoon, celebrated by the provincial father of the Friars Minor Conventual, after which the relic of the chin of the Saint, preceded by the statue, is carried in procession through the streets of the city center, followed by a parade of the confraternities with their respective banners, and by the authorities.