If you are staying in Genoa for longer than a day, you will certainly be looking for what to do in Genoa besides the usual museums and monuments to see.
Useful links: Best Restaurants in Genoa
Genoa Apartments quality rentals at honest prices
There is entertainment beyond Christopher Columbus’ house; things such as the cinema for the latest movies or clubs to dance to the latest music. We’ve assembled some information for you on where to find the best cinemas, theaters and clubs in Genoa. Check them out below!
What’s better than seeing a film? Sitting back, relaxing and being immersed into another world. I don’t know about you, but for me (an American girl living in Italy) a movie makes me feel right at home. Genoa movie theaters also provide many options for movies in original sound, so there’s no need to worry about the language.
- The Space Cinema - find this American style movie theater right in Porto Antico of Genoa. Here you will find a wide choice of movies (some in English), stadium seating and snacks to keep you full.
- Cinema City - hidden down an alleyway, here you will find a much more intimate movie experience. Also showing films in its original language with only two theaters inside.
- ...for everything else movies in Genoa, check out My Movies.
There’s just something about live theater and the talent and collaboration that it takes to make it happen. Treat yourself to a night at the theater.
- Teatro Carlo Felice - find anything from ballet and opera, to musicals and plays at this Genoese theater located in the famous Piazza de Ferrari.
- Teatro della Tosse - for a more obscure theater experience visit this theater in the heart of Genoa.
- ...for all other theaters and their current seasons, go to Teatri di Genova.
Genoa Clubs and Bars:
Genoa isn’t all fancy clubs open until 4 AM, but instead a great mix of nice cocktail bars, clubs and pubs to accommodate each and every type of person.
- Piazza delle Erbe - for example, is just a small piazza that is home to many restaurants and bars where you can gather at night for a more casual, yet fun, night out. Home to 28 Erbe where you can try some local wines and beers.
- Les Rouges Cucina & Cocktails - step it up a notch and come here to enjoy one of their famously delicious cocktails.
- Estoril Club - a bit outside of the center of Genoa, you’ll find this club right on the beach. With its beautiful view, great music and flowing drinks, how could you pass it up?
- Mako Discotheque - a combination of restaurant, dance club and cocktail bar - here you’ll find everything you could possibly be looking for.
For a step away from the palaces and artwork, check out the famous aquarium. The largest aquarium in Italy, complete with a jellyfish room, moray eel cave and dolphin exhibit you won’t want to miss this. Right in the old harbor, you won’t have to walk far to experience this Genoa must-see.
Genoa Gay Guide: best gay clubs
Genoa is a gay-friendly city, since 2008 the city's LGBT community has begun to find places to meet and socialize and in 2009 Genoa hosted its first Gay Pride. So, you can find gay-friendly pubs, dance clubs, restaurants and shops.
Top 3 of gay-friendly places in town:
Lux Club is the only men's bar in Genoa and for this reason it is very popular. You can order alcohol, in the club there are also TV rooms, labyrinth, three darkrooms, gloryholes and private rooms on two floors.
- Aqua Club
Aqua Club is the historic gay sauna with cruising in Genoa. Right in the city centre of the city.
- Virgo Disco Club
Virgo has been the only real gay-friendly disco in Genoa for almost 20 years.