Cagliari is the capital of Sardinia. It is known for its Castle, a fortified medieval quarter on a hill above the rest of the city. Among the architectural attractions is the 13th century Cagliari Cathedral.
StudentsVille Staff has selected all the cagliari events for let you feel the true Cagliarian spirit, don’t miss our list of best events in Sardinia.
Discover Cagliari with our guides:
What’s happening in Cagliari
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Cagliari State museums open free on first Sunday of month
- The long history and the various dominations and influences from outside have contributed to giving the city an important cultural and architectural heritage. So there is always something artistic to see in town. Enjoy our calendar of the best Cagliari events today and you will always know what to do in Cagliari.
- Made in New York Keith Haring, Exma Exhibiting and Moving Arts, December 5th 2019 – March 22nd 2020
The exhibition traces a necessary demarcation between the culture of Graffiti and the wide dimension of Street Art. “MADE IN NEW YORK” affirms the autonomy and historical value of Street Art, which has always been a sort of “Matrix-style” world with respect to the panorama of galleries and museums. A heterogeneous universe, rich in expressive forms, thematically infinite, ethically committed and linguistically contaminated. You can read more about it: here.
- “Lysice to Cagliari”, Galleria Spazio 61, November 30th – December 29th 2019
The International Exhibition of Naif Painting is dedicated to the artists who have exhibited until August 16, 2019 in the Castle of Lysice (Czech Republic) during the International Event of Naif Painting Obrázky ze Svĕta alias Images of the world: Marion Alexandre (France), Carolina Karpati (Israel), Paolo Laconi (Sardinia), Adzana Modlitbova (Slovakia), Alexia Molino (Italy), Liora Schwartz Terkel (Israel), Jiří Vidlák (Czech Republic), Pawel Widera (Poland).
FB event: here.
- Vinicio Capossela, Piazza Yenne, December 31st 2019
Cagliari greets the new year with a concert by Vinicio Capossela. A wandering artist who is the most gifted Italian singer-songwriter of his generation.
- America’s Cup World Series Sardinia, 23-26 April 2020
America’s Cup World Series Sardinia will take place in the ancient port of Cagliari, Sardinia, from 23 to 26 April 2020. The event will kick off the circuit of the America’s Cup World Series which will consist of three stages and will see the teams of the 36th America’s Cup presented by Prada compete against each other for the first time on board the first generation of AC75, monohulls “flying” high performance.
More info: here.
- Sa die de sa Sardigna, April 28th 2020
Sa die de sa Sardigna is the festival of the Sardinian people that recalls the so-called “Sardinian Vespers”, that is the popular uprising of 28 April 1794 with which the Piedmontese and the Viceroy Balbiano left Cagliari after the refusal of the government of Turin to meet the demands of the island owner of the Kingdom of Sardinia.