Bologna is the capital of the region of Emilia-Romagna, one of the most lively places in all of Italy, full of culture and art. So, it’s not so easy to keep up with everything going on in the city – the so-called “bologna event calendar”: bologna events, bologna concerts, bologna art exhibitions, bologna festivals.
We took care of that: StudentsVille staff has drawn up a detailed bologna events calendar of all Bologna events. You’ve never missed anything.
Discover Bologna with our guides:
What's happening in Bologna "la Dotta"
On this page, you get to know Bologna Italy calendar: a list of all bologna events.
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Bologna State museums open free on the first Sunday of the month
- The beating heart of Bologna is its theatres and cinemas. The best one is Cineteca di Bologna which is one of the most important European film libraries, and preserves more than 46,000 films, mainly in 35 mm and 16 mm. However, the list of cinemas and theatres is much longer. We will keep you informed about bologna Teatro Comunale events, upcoming performances in Teatro Duse, Teatro Delle Celebrazioni or film screenings at Cinema Odeon, Cinema Tivoli, and Cinema Fossolo.
Discovering the best Art, Photography Exhibitions in Bologna
- "Fattori. L’umanità tradotta in pittura" exhibition, Palazzo Fava, 16 December 2022 - 1 May 2023
The exhibition "Fattori. L'umanità tradotta in pittura" scheduled from 16 December 2022 to 1 May 2023 at Palazzo Fava, presents an extraordinary selection of more than 70 works from the production of the undisputed master of the Macchia, an exceptional precursor of 20th-century modernity.
Buy the tickets for "Fattori. L’umanità tradotta in pittura" exhibition at Palazzo Fava.
Cinema exhibitions, festivals
- Il Cinema Ritrovato Festival, Piazza Maggiore, 24 June - 2 July 2023
The Cinema Ritrovato festival, organised by the Cineteca di Bologna, is dedicated to the history of cinema, offering classic films and retrospectives and presenting the latest restored films from laboratories and archives around the world.
Visit Cinema Ritrovato Festival's Official Website
Music Festivals, Concerts
- Oneida, Freakout Club, 17 March 2023
The New York band, who returned last year with a new album ('Success'), will present it live to the Italian public in a series of three dates: on 17 March 2023, they will be at the Freakout Club in Bologna.
Buy the tickets for Oneida's concert at Freakout Club.
- Billy Nomates, Covo Club, 24 March 2023
Billy Nomates' admirers include the likes of Iggy Pop, Geoff Barrow, Sleaford Mods and Steve Albini. January saw the release of her second studio album, 'CACTI'. On 24 March, she will be live at Covo for an unmissable date.
Buy the tickets for Billy Nomates' concert at Covo Club.
- Eels, Estragon, 17 April 2023
Eels (Mark Oliver Everett's indie-rock project) have written many great songs in the last two decades. You probably have heard "Souljacker Part I" (I mean, it is included in many films - Hot Fuzz, The Condemned...) or "Novocaine for the Soul" many times. Don't miss Eels' concert in Bologna.
- Discesa della Madonna di San Luca in May
Every year we celebrate the ancient tradition of the "descent of the Madonna di San Luca", which takes place on May 12th through a procession from the Sanctuary of the Madonna di San Luca to the city centre.