Bologna is the capital of the region of Emilia-Romagna, one of the most lively places in all of Italy, full of culture and art. So, it’s not so easy to keep up with everything going on in the city – the so-called “bologna event calendar”: bologna events, bologna concerts, bologna art exhibitions, bologna festivals.
We took care of that: StudentsVille staff has drawn up a detailed bologna events calendar of all Bologna events. You’ve never missed anything.
Discover Bologna with our guides:
What's happening in Bologna "la Dotta"
In this page you get to know Bologna Italy calendar: a list all bologna events.
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Bologna State museums open free on first Sunday of month
- The beating heart of Bologna are its theaters, cinemas. The best one is Cineteca di Bologna which is one the most important European film libraries, preserves more than 46,000 films, mainly in 35 mm and 16 mm. However, the list of cinemas, theaters is much longer. We will keep you informed about bologna teatro comunale events, upcoming performances in Teatro Duse, Teatro delle Celebrazioni or film screenings at Cinema Odeon, Cinema Tivoli, Cinema Fossolo.
Discovering the best Art, Photography Exhibitions in Bologna
- "Etruscans. Journey Through the Lands of the Rasna", Museo Civico Archeologico Bologna, December 7th 2019 - November 29th 2020
After the emergency COVID-19 S the great Etruscan exhibition reopens. A journey through the lands of the Rasna family at the Civic Archaeological Museum of Bologna. More info: here.
- "Monet e gli Impressionisti", Palazzo Albergati, August 29th 2020 - February 14th 2021
The exhibition "Monet e gli Impressionisti" hosts 57 masterpieces by Monet and the major exponents of French Impressionism such as Manet, Renoir, Degas and many others, coming from the Musée Marmottan Monet in Paris.
The exhibition will be open every day from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ticket office closes at 7 p.m.) and 25 people can enter every 20 minutes, for a maximum of 75 visitors per hour, with the obligation to wear the mask.
- "Nino Migliori. Stragedia", Ex Chiesa di San Mattia, June 27th 2020 - February 7th 2021
2020 marks the 40th anniversary of the Ustica Massacre (Itavia Flight 870), which, among the many initiatives, will be remembered through Nino Migliori exhibition. It will be held in the spaces of the former Church of San Mattia.
- Polittico Griffoni, Palazzo Fava - Palazzo delle Esposizioni, May 18th 2020 - January 10th 2021
"Polittico Griffoni" by Francesco del Cossa and Ercole de' Roberti returns to shine: 550 years after its creation and 300 years after its disintegration, the exhibition at Palazzo Fava brings together - for the first time - all the existing parts, thanks to the extraordinary loans from all the owner museums: National Gallery in London, Pinacoteca di Brera in Milan, Louvre in Paris, National Gallery of Art in Washington, Collezione Cagnola in Gazzada (Va), Vatican Museums, Pinacoteca Nazionale in Ferrara, Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen in Rotterdam, Collezione Vittorio Cini in Venice.
- Still Alive, Museo di San Colombano, June 16th 2020 - January 10th 2021
Still Alive is an exhibition of antique stringed instruments from the Vázquez Collection (Orpheon Foundation).
Music Festivals, Concerts
- Paul Weller, Estragon, May 10th 2021
Paul Weller, the "Modfather", will play live at Estragon on May 10th 2021.
- Deftones at Bologna Sequoie Music Park, 22nd June 2021
Deftones, the only nu metal band that matters, are back in Italy. Only one date at Sequoie Music Park in Bologna in 2021. Tickets: here.
- Discesa della Madonna di San Luca in May
Every year we celebrate the ancient tradition of the "descent of the Madonna di San Luca", which takes place on May 12th through a procession from the Sanctuary of the Madonna di San Luca to the city center.