Bologna is the capital of the region of Emilia-Romagna, one of the most lively places in all of Italy, full of culture and art. So, it’s not so easy to keep up with everything going on in the city – the so-called “bologna event calendar”: bologna events, bologna concerts, bologna art exhibitions, bologna festivals.
We took care of that: StudentsVille staff has drawn up a detailed bologna events calendar of all Bologna events. You’ve never missed anything.
Discover Bologna with our guides:
What's happening in Bologna "la Dotta"
In this page you get to know Bologna Italy calendar: a list all bologna events.
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Bologna State museums open free on first Sunday of month
- The beating heart of Bologna are its theaters, cinemas. The best one is Cineteca di Bologna which is one the most important European film libraries, preserves more than 46,000 films, mainly in 35 mm and 16 mm. However, the list of cinemas, theaters is much longer. We will keep you informed about bologna teatro comunale events, upcoming performances in Teatro Duse, Teatro delle Celebrazioni or film screenings at Cinema Odeon, Cinema Tivoli, Cinema Fossolo.
Discovering the best Art, Photography Exhibitions in Bologna
- "Le plaisir de vivre. Arte e moda del Settecento veneziano", Museo Civico d’Arte Industriale - Galleria Davia Bargellini, February 2nd - September 12th 2021 (suspended)
To celebrate the centenary of the founding of the Museo Davia Bargellini (30 May 1920), the Musei Civici d'Arte Antica, in collaboration with the Fondazione Musei Civici di Venezia, are organising an exhibition dedicated to the art of 18th century Venice.
Read more about Le plaisir de vivre.
Music Festivals, Concerts
- Paul Weller, Estragon, May 10th 2021
Paul Weller, the "Modfather", will play live at Estragon on May 10th 2021.
- Deftones at Bologna Sequoie Music Park, 22nd June 2021
Deftones, the only nu metal band that matters, are back in Italy. Only one date at Sequoie Music Park in Bologna in 2021. Tickets: here.
- Discesa della Madonna di San Luca in May
Every year we celebrate the ancient tradition of the "descent of the Madonna di San Luca", which takes place on May 12th through a procession from the Sanctuary of the Madonna di San Luca to the city center.