Bologna is the capital of the region of Emilia-Romagna, one of the most lively places in all of Italy, full of culture and art. So, it’s not so easy to keep up with everything going on in the city – the so-called “bologna event calendar”: bologna events, bologna concerts, bologna art exhibitions, bologna festivals.
We took care of that: StudentsVille staff has drawn up a detailed bologna events calendar of all Bologna events. You’ve never missed anything.
Discover Bologna with our guides:
What's happening in Bologna "la Dotta"
In this page you get to know Bologna Italy calendar: a list all bologna events.
- Thanks to Mibact’s initiative “Io vado al Museo” Bologna State museums open free on first Sunday of month
- The beating heart of Bologna are its theaters, cinemas. The best one is Cineteca di Bologna which is one the most important European film libraries, preserves more than 46,000 films, mainly in 35 mm and 16 mm. However, the list of cinemas, theaters is much longer. We will keep you informed about bologna teatro comunale events, upcoming performances in Teatro Duse, Teatro delle Celebrazioni or film screenings at Cinema Odeon, Cinema Tivoli, Cinema Fossolo.
Discovering the best Art, Photography Exhibitions in Bologna
- "Figurabilità. Pittura a Roma negli anni Sessanta", MAMbo - Museo d’Arte Moderna di Bologna, January 22nd - June 30th 2020
The exhibition documents the emergence of a young generation of painters in the Rome of the Sixties, in dialogue with the artistic research and political positions of Renato Guttuso, considered the most authoritative Italian figurative painter of the time. More info: here.
- Cinema Ritrovato Festival, Piazza Maggiore, 20-28 June 2020
Cinema Ritrovato, an essential event that the Cineteca di Bologna has been organising for over 30 years, for thousands of spectators who find themselves under the Towers in search of the golden age of Cinema.
9 days, 6 cinemas with continuous programming, and the unique show of evening screenings in Piazza Maggiore: now one of the most beautiful and iconic images of our city. You can read more about it, here.
- Biografilm Festival, 5-15 June 2020
The sixteenth edition of the film festival investigates the new trends of films and documentaries, including screenings, meetings and awards, as well as collateral activities, including music, gastronomy and more. Info: here.
Music Festivals, Concerts
- Bologna Sonic Park, Arena Parco Nord, 27th June - 19th July 2020
Bologna Sonic Park is a rock festival within the Area Parco Nord Bologna, historical location of many of the most important Italian festivals. Deep Purple and Iron Maiden already announced. Read more about it and buy the tickets, here.
- Discesa della Madonna di San Luca in May
Every year we celebrate the ancient tradition of the "descent of the Madonna di San Luca", which takes place on May 12th through a procession from the Sanctuary of the Madonna di San Luca to the city center.