Car & Bike Rental
What is the best way to stroll around the narrow streets of an Italian city? The answer is really easy: by Vespa or by Bike, of course!
The city streets were built centuries ago essentially for traffic of horses and charriots. Today, Vespas (and scooter in general) and bikes are the natural substitutes of that ancient means of transport.
In this page you'll find a selection of the most important Bike, Scooter and Car Rentals of Florence....Enjoy your stay in the Renaissance with studentsVille.it!
In spring and summer time going by scooter around the hills of Florence is an exhilarating experience and we really suggest that you indulge in it.
Remind always (!) to wear your helmet (for your own health and because the city police is really strict in Florence!) and to respect the normal rules of the street!
Even if you don't need a driving licence to drive a Vespa remember that the traffic could be dangerous (especially if you have no previous experience in scooter driving)..so, be careful!
The car, instead, is a very good use to go around the Region. Chianti, Maremma, Versilia, Casentino, Mugello, Senese, etc. These are all zones of the region you can't miss during your stay in Florence. And if you really want to enjoy your tours by car, avoid the highways! The best landscapes you can see is along the secondary roads (Chiantigiana, Massetana, Volterrana above all.).
Finally, the bike is becoming the best way to "ride" in the historical center of the city (more and more closed to the motorized traffic). That's why we suggest you to rent or to buy a bike as soon as you arrive in town.
Rent a Bike & Motorbike and Bike tour in
Florence and Tuscany
Probably the coolest no profit website about biking in and around Florence. It gives all the details and the information about bike rental, the maps and the rides around the city. It has also an accurate selection of bicycle Links in Italy, in Europe and all the world. Take a look at it!
Free Bike 'MILLEEUNABICI'
This service, sponsored by the municipality of Florence, allows you to use the Florence bikes for free. In the map you'll find the places in town where you can rent a bike for free.
For further information call: +39 055 5000 453 - Mr Fini, +39 055 500 1994.
Bike A Day in Tuscany
Piazza Santo Stefano 2, meeting every day at 9.00 am.
The Original & Best Walking Tours, designed by world leading experts to get maximum enjoyment of the most Tuscany can offer without going too far. Half day bike tours, easy route, wine tasting e snack included, stunning views, castles, villas, estates, high quality bikes & helmets included. An expert guide with your group, budget & students travelers welcome!
They promise no churches, no museums, no annoying crowds... and offer amazing, professionally guided and fully supported, single, and two-day bike rides and walking tours in the Tuscan countryside just outside of Florence.
Rent a Car
Here you can find all the information you need for renting a car in Florence and all around the world.
Hertz in Florence:
- Via di Novoli 75V, Phone: +39 055 4362560 - Fax: +39 055 4249698.
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 8:30-13:00 15:00-19:00, Sat 8:30-12:30, Sun Closed.
- Via Maso Finiguerra 33, Phone: +39 055 2398205 Fax: +39 055 2302011 Telex: 570222 Hours of Operation: Seasonal Location: April-October Mon-Sat 8:00-19:00, Sun 8:00-13:00; November-March Mon-Fri 8:00-19:00, Sat 8:00-14:00, Sun closed Apr-Oct Mon-Sat 8:00-19:00 Sun 8:00-13:00.
- A. Vespucci Airport, Telephone: +39 055 307370 Fax: +39 055 317543 Telex: 570222 Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 8:30-22:30, Sat-Sun 9:30-22:30.
Maggiore-National, Italian rent a car leader, is present in Italy with 150 locations in 100 cities, in all airports and main railway stations. In Florence you can find Maggiore in:
- Via Maso Finiguerra, 11R +39+39 055210238 +39 055294578
- Aeroporto Amerigo Vespucci +39+39 055311256
- c/o Aci (Italian Auto Club) V.le Amendola,36 +39+39 0552638733.
Avis Rent A Car System, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate the world's second largest general-use car rental business. Here you are the Florence locations.
- Strada Poggilupi 19 Exhibit Conference Centre Terranuova Bracciolini Florence, NA (39) +39 055-9198219 Sun Closed, Mon - Fri 900am to 1.00pm, 2.30pm to 6.30pm, Sat Closed.
- Firenze Airport A.Vespucci Via Del Termine 1, ph. (39) +39 055-315588 Sun - Sat 8.00am to 11.30pm.
- Via Borgo Ognissanti 128 R Exhibition/Conference Centre (Main Downtown Location) pH(39) +39 055-213629 Sun 8.00am to 1.00pm, Mon - Fri 800am to 7.00pm, Sat 8.00am to 6.00pm.
MAXIRENT CAR RENTAL
Borgo Ognissanti, 155/r, Phone 055.26.54.207 - Fax 055.26.79.354
Car & Van in Italy: Serving 85 locations & all major Airports, rental of all major car models and brands, minivans and trucks for rent, one way rentals available, rental of scooters, long term rentals, they are committed to ensuring our clients the best deal available, chauffer driven luxury cars/minivans and buses available. Reservations and information on the site.
Via Borgo Ognissanti 153r Firenze, Ph. & Fax +39 055 2399696.
Via B. Cristofori 10B Firenze, Ph. +39 055 355552.
Via il Prato, 47/r Firenze, Ph. 055.2657677 fax 055.288435